Welcome to Quirkipreneurs.com
Hello! I'm your host, Tori Deaux, the leader of this rag-tag-band of biz savvy creatives -- including YOU, should you choose to join in. And as the leader? I thought it'd be a good idea to sketch out a rough idea of where things are going -- that way, we won't have to stop and ask for directions at the creepy serial-killer house after we've taken the wrong turn at the fork in the road and traveled 20 miles before realizing we're never, ever, EVER going to make it home again... erm... yeah. Let's avoid that, m'kay?
Anyway, here's a few cues about where actually we're headed...
- To encourage creatives (that's you!) to view themselves a entrepreneurs - unique, daring, creative, quirky entrepreneurs.
- To prove the value of (sometimes wacky) right-brained skills and processes in the (ordinarily) left-brained business of doing business.
- To build a movement, culture and network of resources that supports wild creativity in business ventures -- a movement that empowers us, quirks and all.
- To do all of the above in the most interesting, thought-provoking and imaginative ways possible.
Think of this site as a sort of toybox for productive, profitable play. The more of the "toys" you take out for a spin, the more you'll grok what this "quirky" business is all about. Over time, you'll find:
- Original illustrations, metaphors and visualizations to help shift your perspective of business
- Curated spotlights and case studies on the work of other Quirkipreneurs
- Reviews & recommendations for products, offers and services
- Imaginative ways to connect with one another and the community
- New Topics to explore in depth every month or so
- Fun stuff that I think is relevant. Or amusing. Or helpful. But mostly just fun.
And Core Values?
Yeah, we got 'em! Specifically, we've got "Quirky, Savvy, < fill-in-the-blank>, Audacity."
What does that mean? Creative individuality, traditional business smarts, and bold, daring action are all held in high regard around here. The "fill-in-the-blank" bit allows for exploratory wiggle room, growth, and your personal interpretation/expression.
That Brings Us To Community ...
Earlier visions of this site included a dedicated, structured community site. This time around? Not so much! Changes in social media and in the larger creative entrepreneurial tribe have made that part of the vision obsolete -- we simply don't need it!
When I talk about community now? I'm referring to a less structured, more natural gathering of like minds. Mix common goals, and shared interests,and a way to communicate (which social media provides in spades) and voila! It's a Community!
We'll be working out the details of communication as we go. I've installed an experimental inline comment system here on the blog, but as I said, it's experimental! If you want to be sure I see something, hit me up on the dedicated Google+ page.