When asked to publish a blog hop post on the topic of a "Blank Canvas", my mind went, you know... blank! Even though I love talking about process and inspiration, even though I know, use and teach about a gazillion tricks for getting past creative flat spots, and even though I've been roughing out a signature program which is entirely about the creative process?
I still went blank...
Totally and completely BLANK!
Luckily, my obsession with new tech toys came to my rescue. "EMAZE.com looks awesome!" I thought. "I bet I could create a really cool interactive look at my process using it!"
So I did! Here's "Creating Cuddly Williams" in all its clickable glory.
Note: You may need to view the presentation full screen if you want to read the paragraphs. Just click that diagonal double arrow thing on the presentation window and Voila! Full screen ahead!
Here are my favorite take-aways:
- Catch a spark off someone else's creative fire
- Cultivate the puppy-uglies
- Don't be afraid to make hard choices or change directions
- Eliminate what's not working (kill your darlings)
- There's no such thing as cheating
- Layer, erase, refine, repeat.
and check out the processes of my talented artist peers!
The Blank Canvas BlogHop
- Sept 8 Karen Friedland: Coloring The World
- Sept 9 Lezette Markham: Simply Art
- Sept 10 Cynthia Patton: Writer, Editor, Advocate, Speaker
- Sept 11 Jennyann Carthern: Paint is Thicker Than Water
- Sept 12 Friday Frenzy Bonus:
- Sept 13 Jan Blount: Gratitude & Company
- Sept 14 Effy Wild: Love and Glitter
- Sept 15 Virginia Simpson-Magruder: My Mane Blowing In The Wind
- Sept 16 Dariana Cruz: 2 Sisters 1 Journey
- Sept 17 Susan Miller: Lighted Path Coaching
- Sept 18 Grace Howes: Red Barn Studios
- Sept 19 Tori Deaux & The Quirkipreneurs <-- Me, again!
- Sept 20 Kiala Givehand: Giving Hands Creative
- Sept 21 Martin Arkenstone:The Wisdom of Stone
- Sept 22 Nicole Piar: GhostKitten
TaDa! That's one awesome hop, isn't it?